BOARD MEETING MINUTES – October 16, 2019
ATTENDING VIA Zoom: Directors attending were Carl Wulfestieg, Christian, McCaffrey, David Whitthall, Duffy Miller, Don Jones, Sandy Gilmour and Peggy Larson
WELCOME: Carl called the meeting to order.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Approved and accepted. Duffy moved and Sandy seconded.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Two reimbursement checks have been received. Waiting for two more to cover Dave Kynor and Stu Friedman.
We will have a face to face Board meeting on November 20, 2019 at 6:30 pm at Sarducci’s restaurant, 3 Main Street, Montpelier, VT.
The Holiday Party will be held on December 7, 2019 at the Capital Plaza Hotel in Montpelier, VT. The cost will be approximately $54.07 excluding the MSR charges. Excess money in the treasury account may be used to pay about $5.00 per person, bringing the total down to around $50 each. David made a motion to use this money for the meal and Sandy seconded it.
The formalization of the selection of Brad Kennison as Membership Chairman was formalized. National will be contacted so that Brad will receive their reports. Moved by Carl and seconded by Sandy.
A motion to have Brad as an at large Board member was proposed. David moved and Peggy seconded and all agreed that Brad will be selected.
Events planning was discussed. We need more people from different areas of Vermont with different experiences to assist with the events planning. It was suggested that we put out a letter asking for volunteers. Expanding road trips to include overnights was also discussed. Dave Whitthall volunteered to help Duffy with planning the road trips. We discussed pre-planning the events with dates and times for each months in 2020. Knowing the dates might help get more people interested in planning these tours.
Driving events such as autocross and driver training events were also discussed. Depending on the event, additional insurance will be needed. Zone 1 does Watkins Glenn annually. Rallies would be another possibility to increase the interest in the Club. Rallies do not need extra insurance.
Sandy brought up the question of what to do with the extra money in the treasury. The Club has donated to the Food Bank and the Senior Center in Woodstock in the past. We could also sponsor a car show. We could cover a driving event. The Club has few expenses – communication and the President’s meeting (travel expenses and 2 nights at a motel) which is sometimes covered by Zone 1. It would be better to have two people attend the President’s meeting as the agenda is diverse. Discussed are happenings in the Club, Bylaws, driving events, webinars and membership drives. Based on the agenda, other Board members could attend. A resolution was proposed to pay for the motel, one meal and mileage. Motion to fund was moved by Duffy and seconded by David.
Peggy Larson, Secretary
GREEN MOUNTAIN REGION ANNUAL MEETING MINUTES – October 5, 2019
ATTENDING: Directors attending were Carl Wulfestieg, Christina McCaffrey, Sandy Gilmour, Duffy Miller, and Peggy Larson. Additionally, over 50 GMR members were in attendance.
WELCOME: Carl welcomed everyone to the FALL FOLIAGE TOUR AND ANNUAL MEETING at the Public House Restaurant in Quechee, VT. The day was beautiful and the fall foliage was colorful.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Approved and accepted.
TREASURER’S REPORT: The balance in the Club account is $14,645.35. Total deposits were $4,393.50 and total expenses were $2,983. Sources of income were the PCA and events. Expenses were communications and events.
- Carl remarked that our membership numbers are at an all time high and he would like to be sure we are engaging the broad membership spectrum. As an example he suggested the possibility of having shorter tours but doing so more frequently. Each tour would have a different leader and would arrive at different restaurants and would be limited to a manageable 20 cars.
- Duffy Miller, Chair of the Events Committee to the opportunity to note that the Committee hopes to have dates for the 2020 tours set by early 2020 to allow for as much notice as possible. He also asked for tour leader volunteers and provided a high level explanation of what is involved.
- Carl also took the opportunity to acknowledge your 2019 tour leaders (Duffy Miller, Al Iuppa, Stu Friedman, Dave Kynor and Pete Arnold) as well as hosting a BBQ in September.
- Brad Kennison has agreed to serve as the Chair of the Membership Committee. Approval by the Board is the final step.
- Carl explained the recent effort to revise the GMR Bylaws. This initiative was prompted by the need to better align with the PCA bylaws. The proposed changes were provided to all GMR members via the Mountaineer newsletter as well as the GMR website. No questions were forthcoming and adoption of the revised bylaws was moved by Al Iuppa and Bob Costella. The motion was approved by voice vote of the members present. No negative votes were expressed. The Bylaws are available the GMR website.
- There was no further business and a motion to adjourn was made, seconded and approved
Respectfully submitted, Peggy Larson, Secretary