** Be sure to scroll down for more news **
Thanks to the efforts by our Membership Chair, Brad Kennison, Green Mountain Region will have a more visible presence at our as well as other non-GMR events.
Presidential News: Carl is scheduled to undergo major cardiac surgery at Tufts Hospital in Boston on June 1st. After 2 months of recuperation he expects to be behind the wheel of his Porsche 911E. In his absence our Vice-President, Dave Whittal, will assume the presidential responsibilities. We all wish Carl the best and look forward to his full recovery.
A Message from Acting President Dave Whittall
As Sandy notes, our hard working president Carl Wulfestieg is in the shop for some repair work, and on behalf of all the members of the Green Mountain Region, I want to wish him all the best with his surgery and for a speedy recovery! As we await Carl’s return, the weather has improved and is perfect for a tour with our Porsche brothers and sisters. But, here we are in the middle of a pandemic and a “stay at home” order from the governor.
Okay, I have pulled the Boxster S out of hibernation and have gone for a couple of short loops around the “neighborhood”. Grafton is so small that two times equals a loop. I am looking forward to seeing the other members of the GMR and having a proper tour with beautiful cars and nice people. Be sure to read these newsletters and regularly check the website for updates to the 2020 tour schedule. All the best.
Remember it’s not just the cars — it’s the people
Important – Updated Summer Tour Schedule (as of 31 May)
The GMR Board continues to monitor developments surrounding the COVID-19 restrictions and how they may impact our 2020 summer tour schedule. That said, the below schedule is subject to change due to government directives. Stay safe and be sure to check back often for further updates.
Be sure to check the GMR website and the Mountaineer often for updates.
- July 11 – A Windsor County tour is being put together that will include lunch at the Windsor Station along with a visit to the American Precision Museum.
- August 14/15 – Southern VT tour on Saturday, August 15th, with overnight accommodations at the Grey Ghost Inn available to members on Friday, August 14th. It is also possible to arrange reservations for Saturday evening lodging if needed.
- September 19 – Tour to be announced.
- October 10 – Fall Foliage Tour & Membership Meeting
- December 5 – Holiday dinner and party
Other events that may be of interest to GMR PCA club members. Please be advised that this event is not sponsored by Green Mountain Region nor the Porsche Club of America
- October 2-4 – Chester VT “Wheels in the Field” event that will feature classic Porsches across from the town Green at the Historic Academy Building grounds, and watch the exciting Scottish Trials on BMW GS Motorcycles. For information – click here.
2020 Porsche Parade Cancelled
Porsche Related Diversions from Covid-19
- Take a Virtual Tour of the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart
- The Porsche Newsroom Newsletter
- Porsche Club of America
- PCA Sim Racing Series
- Endurance: The Documentary about Porsche at the Two Toughest GT Races in the World
Bringing your car out of storage? Be sure to check out the “Ask Jason” column for tips and suggestions
Would you like to have a Green Mountain Name Badge for GMR Events?
If so, name tags can be ordered by emailing a request to our Treasurer, Christina McCaffrey at Christina.McCaffrey@uvmhealth.org. The cost is $15 per badge. Be sure to spell your name(s) correctly! All members and spouses/ significant others are encouraged to use the name badges on tours and other club events.
Green Mountain Region Board Meetings. Are you interested in “attending” our Board meetings? The Board meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6.30pm EDT via video conference. If you would like to join us please let Carl Wulfestieg (email@example.com) know and he will provide you with the log-in protocols using the Zoom Video Conferencing application.