Next Tour – October 10, 2020
The Green Mountain Region PCA will hold its final driving tour of the year on Saturday, October 10th. The annual foliage tour will have two start locations, both which will end at the Okemo Mountain Resort area. The start locations are coordinated so that participants will arrive at the Okemo Resort location between 12 and 12:30pm, whether coming from the north/Central VT region, or the Southern VT region. Member are encouraged to make lunch arrangements on their own, as has been the practice during the summer tours with COVID restrictions.There is sufficient room in the Okemo area for those who may want to renew acquaintances and picnic with friends while enjoying some “car talk”. Members are also reminded that COVID safety guidelines will be followed; masks should be worn during the drivers’ meetings, and distance guidelines followed as recommended by the VT Department of Health.
- Start Locations
- The Southern Tour will start in Grafton, VT, meeting at the Grafton MKT, a coffee shop and bakery in the town center.
- The Northern Tour will start at the Exit 5 Park-and-Ride located on Vermont Route 64 in Northfield VT 05663.
More detailed route information will be forthcoming in advance of the tour.
If you are attending this tour please email your information to email@example.com, including your name, passenger name, phone number, and start location. Also, complete the Communicable Disease Waiver and Tour Waiver forms prior to the event, and give them to the tour leader prior to the drivers’ meeting.
The 2020 Annual Member Meeting will take place on October 27th via Zoom.
The member survey in regard to the Annual Member meeting made it clear that the respondents (approx. 70%) are in favor of conducting the 2020 meeting via the Zoom platform. As a result the Board has set October 27th at 7.00pm as the date and time for the 2020 Annual Membership meeting. Participation instructions along with the agenda will be forthcoming.
September 2020 Tour a Rousing Success
Clear skies and fall temperatures greeted 31 cars and 55 participants as the Green Mountain Region gathered in Essex, Vermont for the beginning of the September Tour.
From Essex we travelled east on VT Route 15 towards the Jericho area before we turned onto River Road and Upper Pleasant Valley Road to Jeffersonville. From there we connected to Route 108 South for a drive through a crowded Smugglers Notch (and a bike race) and down into Stowe. In Stowe, we avoided the village and detoured threw Moscow and picked up Route 100 South. After avoiding the major construction in Waterbury we hopped back onto Route 100 and continued to downtown Waitsfield for a short rest stop.
After the break, we enjoyed the twists and turns of Route 17 past the Mad River Glen ski area and then onto Gore Road towards Huntington where we picked up Route 116 and then Mechanicsville Road. The final10 miles or so to Williston offered spectacular views of Mount Mansfield.
For more photos scroll through the Green Mountain Regions Facebook page
** What to do before you arrive at a tour event **
- Be sure your PCA membership is current as the Tour is limited to PCA members only. If you are not yet a member and would like to join (or to verify your status) please click here.
- Before you arrive for a tour event please download and sign the following forms. These documents need to be provided to the Tour leader on the day of the event.
- The PCA Communicable Disease Waiver must be signed by drivers AND all passengers. This new form is required by PCA and need be signed/submitted once as it remains in effect until May 26, 2020. If you submitted the form at a prior 2020 event there is no need to do so again.
- The PCA Liability Release must be signed by event drivers and passengers for each event.
- Blank forms will be available at the event drivers meeting.
Events hosted/sponsored by the Green Mountain Region will follow all Covid-19 restrictions and guideline issued by the State of Vermont. At each event we ask that all participants practice safe Covid-19 avoidance measures.
- Maintain social distancing (6′ minimum)
- The use of face masks is mandatory, be sure to bring yours
- The PCA encourages event participants to stay home if you are at higher risk for severe illness, sick, or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
Green Mountain Region Survey
As you may recall, in early 2020, the GMR-PCA Board conducted a member survey to find out more about member interests, support for club activities, and reasons for becoming affiliated with the GMR-PCA. The Board had anticipated sharing and discussing the survey results with the membership at the May member meeting. As you know, the pandemic compelled the Board to cancel that meeting and several other events so there hasn’t been an opportunity to review the survey results.
So, we’re now providing a link to the survey results that you can review at your leisure. The Board plans to discuss the results with the membership at the Fall member meeting (October 10th at the Killington Resort), which remains on the schedule of events at this time.
2020 – Upcoming Events
- October 10 – Fall Foliage Tour. We are considering a northern and southern Vermont routes with a common ending point. The routes are still under development and will be released soon.
- December 5 – Holiday dinner and party will most likely take place at the Hotel Vermont in Burlington.
Other events that may be of interest to GMR PCA club members. Please be advised that these events are not sponsored by Green Mountain Region nor the Porsche Club of America.
- October 2-4 – Chester VT “Wheels in the Field” event that will feature classic Porsches across from the town Green at the Historic Academy Building grounds, and watch the exciting Scottish Trials on BMW GS Motorcycles. For information – click here.
Porsche Related Diversions from Covid-19
- Take a Virtual Tour of the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart
- The Porsche Newsroom Newsletter
- Porsche Club of America
- PCA Sim Racing Series
- Endurance: The Documentary about Porsche at the Two Toughest GT Races in the World
Be sure to check out the “Ask Jason” column for maintenance tips and suggestions
Would you like to have a Green Mountain Name Badge for GMR Events?
If so, name tags can be ordered by emailing a request to our Treasurer, Christina McCaffrey at Christina.McCaffrey@uvmhealth.org. The cost is $15 per badge. Be sure to spell your name(s) correctly! All members and spouses/ significant others are encouraged to use the name badges on tours and other club events.
Green Mountain Region Board Meetings. Are you interested in “attending” our Board meetings? The Board meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6.30pm EDT via video conference. If you would like to join us please let Carl Wulfestieg (firstname.lastname@example.org) know and he will provide you with the log-in protocols using the Zoom Video Conferencing application.