2020 Annual Member Meeting held on October 27, 2020
The GMR Annual Member meeting took place virtually as scheduled on October 27 via the Zoom platform. While attendance was limited the Club was able to complete its required business.
- Carl Wulfestieg, President, made opening remarks and acknowledged the work done by Board members and other club members. Further, he stressed the need to find replacements for Peggy and Duffy as Treasurer and Events Chair, respectively.
- The minutes of the 2019 Annual Members meeting were approved.
- Christina McCaffrey, Treasurer, recapped the financial condition of the club for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2020. In short, we began the year with cash balance of $14,645 and ended with $15,759. The Treasurer’s report was approved.
- Brad Kennison, Membership Chair, provided a membership report. Despite the COVID-19 challenges GMR’s membership numbers were steady ending with 186 active members.
- Duffy Miller, Events Committee Chair, provided an overview of the 2020 Tours. Despite the public health restrictions our participation rates increased as the summer progressed.
- Carl provided the Nominations Committee report which was responsible for preparing the slate of candidates as officers for term covering 2021-2022. No nominations were made from the floor and the proposed slate was adopted by the members. The officers for 2021 – 2022 are as follows:
- President – Alessandro (Al) Iuppa
- Vice President – David Whittall
- Secretary – Peggy Larson
- Treasurer – Christina McCaffrey
- Carl introduced Mike Bryan, PCA’s Zone One Representative who provided an organizational overview of PCA nationally and regionally.
Great Day for GMR Fall Foliage Tours
October 10, 2020
Sunny skies on Saturday morning greeted GMR members as they gathered for the final Tours of 2020. With 26 Porsches and approximately 50 participants divided between the northern and southern starting points it was great day for traveling Vermont’s colorful roads.
The southern group, lead by Dave Whittall, embarked from Grafton, VT and headed south to Saxons River and Putney before heading west towards Dummerston. They then headed north northwest towards Newfane then back to the Grafton area before arriving in Chester for a stretch break. After the break the tour continued to the Jackson Gore Lodge at the Okemo Ski Resort for a rendezvous with the northern group.
Duffy Miller led the northern cohort from Northfield, VT. The tour passed through the Northfield, Roxbury, Randolph, Rochester before connecting with Vermont’s classic touring road, Route 100. From Rochester the group continued south on Route 100 passing through Stockbridge, Pittsfield and Plymouth before arriving at the Jackson Gore Lodge at the Okemo Ski Resort for a rendezvous with the southern carst.
You can find links to the Google map for each route on the Calendar.
September 2020 Tour – Greater Burlington area
Green Mountain Region Survey
As you may recall, in early 2020, the GMR-PCA Board conducted a member survey to find out more about member interests, support for club activities, and reasons for becoming affiliated with the GMR-PCA. The Board had anticipated sharing and discussing the survey results with the membership at the May member meeting. As you know, the pandemic compelled the Board to cancel that meeting and several other events so there hasn’t been an opportunity to review the survey results.
So, we’re now providing a link to the survey results that you can review at your leisure. The Board plans to discuss the results with the membership at the Fall member meeting (October 10th at the Killington Resort), which remains on the schedule of events at this time.
2020 – Upcoming Events
- December 5 – The Board has concluded that an in-person holiday party will not be held this year. Instead the Board is considering a Zoom-based cocktail reception as an alternative. Other suggestions for conducting the party are welcome and will be discussed at the next Board meeting. Please share any ideas/suggestions with any Board member.
Porsche Related Diversions from Covid-19
- Take a Virtual Tour of the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart
- The Porsche Newsroom Newsletter
- Porsche Club of America
- PCA Sim Racing Series
- Endurance: The Documentary about Porsche at the Two Toughest GT Races in the World
Be sure to check out the “Ask Jason” column for maintenance tips and suggestions
Would you like to have a Green Mountain Name Badge for GMR Events?
If so, name tags can be ordered by emailing a request to our Treasurer, Christina McCaffrey at Christina.McCaffrey@uvmhealth.org. The cost is $15 per badge. Be sure to spell your name(s) correctly! All members and spouses/ significant others are encouraged to use the name badges on tours and other club events.
Green Mountain Region Board Meetings. Are you interested in “attending” our Board meetings? The Board meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6.30pm EDT via video conference. If you would like to join us please let Carl Wulfestieg (email@example.com) know and he will provide you with the log-in protocols using the Zoom Video Conferencing application.