- Saturday, May 15th
- This will be a traditional tour that will begin in Sharon and continue through two mountain gaps eventually ending in Brandon. Arrangements for a delicious lunch have been made at the Café Provence in Brandon.
- Saturday, June 12th
- Join your fellow GMR members as we welcome our newest members and their cars. Rather than organizing one or more tours to drive to the meeting the Board has decided to forgo the organized tours so that you can travel to the meeting at your leisure on a route of your choosing. The location and related details are in the formative stage but the emphasis for this event will be on socializing.
- Our Vice President, Dave Whittall, will be leading a tour in south central Vermont. Plans are still under development but the route is expected to commence in Grafton and ultimately end in Manchester.
- Friday/Saturday, August 13/14
- Bob Rubin has once again offered to put together an overnight event in southern Vermont.
- Saturday,September 25th
- Stu Friedman is putting together another, his 4th for GMR, drive through Adirondack Park in upstate New York.
- GMR Annual meeting and Fall Foliage tour
- Holiday Party / 35th Anniversary Gala
2020 Holiday Party – December 5, 2020 @ 6.00pm
Your GMR-PCA Board is planning some fun holiday events in which we hope you will participate! Given the restrictions due to the COVID pandemic, we will not be having our annual (in-person) holiday dinner as in previous years.
We have decided to host a virtual cocktail party on December 5th, at 6:00pm using the Zoom meeting platform. Members who RSVP with their intent to join our virtual party will be sent a Zoom link to the meeting.
The meeting will start with a brief “virtual concert” presented by Jon Gailmor! Many of you may know Jon. He’s a VT singer / songwriter, an “artist in residence” for VT schools, and an entertainer who has played many VT venues; clubs, weddings, concerts, and more. Jon will open up our party soon after the meeting starts by singing a few “car themed” songs. Learn more about Jon by visiting his website: http://www.jongailmor.com. You can also look up Jon in Facebook or on YouTube and hear him perform some of his songs.
We ask members to consider sharing your favorite cocktail recipe, beer or wine. We intend to assemble the submissions and share this information with the other party goers. As we plan the meeting, we’ll find a way for attendees to vote on their favorite recipe / wine / beer selection, and the club will offer an award for the best cocktail / wine selection! Stay tuned in for more details.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend the virtual party. And, don’t forget to include your favorite cocktail recipe, beer or wine selection when you RSVP.
Your GMR-PCA club is holding a fundraiser to benefit the Vermont Foodbank with the club matching the total member donations up to $2,000. You may not be aware that foodbanks are able to purchase more food per dollar than the average consumer making this a great way to help fellow Vermonters who may need support during these challenging times, and for the holidays. We have established a fundraising goal of $1,500, so please help to provide food to Vermonters facing hunger by making a donation to the Vermont Foodbank through this link. The process is fast, easy and secure.
Raffle for Fundraiser Contributors!! Your donation will be recognized as part of the GMR-PCA fundraising drive. Additionally, every club member donating to this fundraiser will be entered in a club raffle with a prize of $50! It just so happens that it cost $50 to buy a raffle ticket to the national PCA drawing to win a new Porsche 911 Targa 4S, so the winner of this raffle will have his/her choice to use the funds to buy a PCA Targa raffle ticket, or use the funds for anything they want! Donations must be submitted by December 3rd to be entered in the raffle.
So, mark your calendars for some holiday fun on Saturday, December 5th at 6.00pm and send your RSVP to email@example.com. The Zoom logon information will be sent to you via email a day or two before December 5th. And remember to share your favorite cocktail beverage and maybe a nice digital photo of your Porsche in your email.