*** 2020 Tours – Save the Dates ***
- 2 May 2020
- Spring Driving Tour and Membership Meeting
- We will have north and south starting locations leading to the Capitol Plaza Hotel in Montpelier where we will have lunch followed by the Spring Membership meeting.
- 12/13 June 2020 (Possible Overnight)
- Rob Rubin is planning an interesting ride through southern Vermont and working with the Grey Ghost Inn for those who may be interested in an overnight.
- 11 July 2020 – still under development
- 8 August 2020 (optional date 15 August) – still under development
- 8 September 2020 – Dave Kynor is working out the details for a hosted picnic and tour.
- 10 October 2020
- Fall Foliage Tour & Membership Meeting
- We will have north and south starting locations leading to a common destination for the Membership meeting.
In order to allow members to better plan for upcoming 2020 Tours the Events Committee under the leadership of Duffy Miller has prepared a tentative schedule for 2020. As in past years the tours will commence in May and continue through October. The Events Committee would like to hearing from you if you are interested in leading one of the tours. If you are a “newbie”, don’t worry! There is a wealth of experience in the Club that you can draw upon or you might consider teaming up with another member. If you are interested in leading a tour, have questions or other suggestions please contact Duffy at (email@example.com)
- The Latest Green Mountain Region News
- Check out our new column- Membership Musings by Membership Chair, Brad Kennison
- Winter Storage Tips from “Ask Jason”
- Welcome to Nate Davey, our newest member from South Burlington and his Midnight Blue 2003 911 Carrera 4S
Luftgekühlt is coming to the East in 2020
2019 Holiday Party at the Capitol Plaza Hotel
Welcome new Green Mountain Region Board member & Chair of the Membership Committee – Bradley Kennison
Bradley is a retired Delta Airlines captain having spent thirty two years at both Northwest and Delta Airlines. He lives in Essex Junction, Vermont with his wife, Jill Kennison. They have a son, daughter-in law and grandson that live in Moretown, Vermont.
Since retirement Brad has been active in his local church and a number of community initiatives. His hobbies include skiing, biking, hunting, traveling and driving his Porsche. In January 2017 he joined GMR Porsche Club. His passion for owning a Porsche finally materialized in the fall of 2016, some forty eight years after his first Porsche experience. His 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera was a long awaited retirement gift. He looks forward to great adventures with his GMR club friends.
Earlier volunteer involvement include VARA Board of Directors, ski racing coach at Sugarbush/GMVS ski club, principle in the formation of Essex United Soccer Club and premier level soccer coach at Nordic.
2019 Fall Foliage Tour & GMR Members’ Business Meeting
As promised Pete and Ellen Arnold put together a wonderful drive through the Vermont country side under a perfect “Kodak” blue sky on Saturday, October 5. The day began in a chilly Berlin, Vermont where over 25 cars gathered for the Tour. The tour wound its way from Berlin through Williamstown on Route 14 then proceeded on a ‘west – east ” direction to Chelsea followed by Vershire Heights. We then headed north towards Corinth Corners and turned onto the Chelsea Road then the Brook Road with their spectacular foliage views eventually driving to Bradford for a rest and refreshment stop. From Bradford we travelled south through Thetford, Union Village and Norwich to the Public House in Quechee for lunch and the GMR Annual Meeting. By the conclusion of the tour we had travelled over 94 miles with the highest point at 1,102ft. A big thank you to Pete and Ellen!
See below to download the tour map with turn by turn directions.
At the GMR Business Meeting the membership approved the proposed amendments to the Green Mountain Region bylaws. The review was precipitated at the request of national PCA, who want the Region’s bylaws to better align with National bylaws.
Would you like to have a Green Mountain Name Badge for GMR Events?
If so, name tags can be ordered by emailing a request to our Treasurer, Christina McCaffrey at Christina.McCaffrey@uvmhealth.org. The cost is $15 per badge. Be sure to spell your name(s) correctly! All members and spouses/ significant others are encouraged to use the name badges on tours and other club events.
Green Mountain Region Board Meetings. Are you interested in “attending” our Board meetings? The Board meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6.30pm EDT via video conference. If you would like to join us please let Carl Wulfestieg (firstname.lastname@example.org) know and he will provide you with the log-in protocols using the Zoom Video Conferencing application.