Saturday June 16 – BBQ and Tour Through Lake Champlain Islands
Special note from Dave on how to get to the Fitzgerald’s house – and avoid 5 miles of dirt road!!
From I-89, Exit 17, Colchester (Chimney Corners):
1. Head north on US-7 North, 5.6 miles though Milton.
2. Take a right on to Main Street (note that Main Street ends about a mile from this turn as you head up the hill and merges with the Westford Milton Road).
3. Continue on Main Street for approximately 1.0 mile and then continue straight on to the Westford-Milton Road for 3.2 miles.
4. Take a right on Old Stage Road and go .4 of a mile.
5. Fitzgerald’s place is the first house on the right (Light green two story with attached garage, wrap around front porch, dark green barn with white trim, paved driveway).
CAUTION: For those taking alternative back road routes we advise to NOT take Old Stage Road from VT Route 15 in Essex Center as the pavement ends after a few miles and the rest is dirt road (approx. 5 miles).
This tour has been organized by Dave Fitzgerald. He and Lori are having a BBQ lunch at their home with the tour commencing right after.
Dave and Lori are supplying the burgers, veggie burgers and hot dogs. We bring potluck sides & deserts, and bring your own drinks. $5.00 to be paid to treasurer Christina McCaffrey on site and she will reimburse Dave and Lori.
Bring lawn chairs!!
11 a.m. —
Meet at Dave and Lori’s Home
1630 Old Stage Road, Westford, VT
11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. BBQ, lunch and chit chat. Remember to bring a side/salad/chips/drinks and lawn chairs!
1 p.m. sharp: Briefing and tour begins under Dave’s leadership.
The tour takes us –roughly– north from Westford to St. Albans/ Swanton/west toward Alburgh, south through South Hero Island and then ends at Seb’s ice cream on South Hero!
Thanks Dave for all the planning and arranging. And thanks to Events Chair Carl W. as always!